Thursday, December 9, 2010

Inner City Black Life

Luke Ford writes:

On his radio show Nov. 17, Dennis Prager said: “Bob Herbert is reliably liberal. Society causes a lot of problems for blacks. We need government intervention.”

“I’ve said [that black life in the inner city is a tragedy] because I care deeply for Americans of every color but most whites don’t talk about this because they are afraid of being called racist. If you are absolutely certain that you are not something, you don’t fear being called it. I am absolutely certain that I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

“How can a majority of black men without a high school diploma spend time in prison but there is no relationship between a policeman’s work in inner cities and race? Only a liberal who wishes away reality [could believe that]. It is a sad fact, a catastrophic fact, that black males disproportionately commit violent crime.”

“The moment you learn that the government won’t help you, you learn to help yourself. He laments it. He is a liberal. He laments that government won’t rescue black life from this catastrophe. No one will do what you need to do for yourself.”

“Government has tried to help black life all of my life. And it has failed horribly. My anger is at the left-liberal idea that government can help people when they should help themselves.”

I discuss the parsha with Rabbi Rabbs Mondays at 7pm PST on my live cam.



No comments: